kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Aspen Snake Bedding  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - June 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - June 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - June 09, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - June 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - June 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Feeding question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by boaboy13 on March 30, 2003 at 21:08:54:

In Reply to: Feeding question posted by filfrog on March 29, 2003 at 17:12:14:

I don't know much about RI, but I do know a few tricks on geting picky eaters to eat. First off, I would give him a week or two to settle down. Next, take a live mouse and out it in the cage over night with him. But be sure, you have alot of hide aways and branchs for the snake to get away from the mouse. But I just made a cool new type of hide box, I took a old lamp box that was about 17 inchs all, 4 inchs wide and 3-4 inchs deep. I then cut hole on the top for him to get in, I then took bamboo and ran it back and forth through the box. He now spends ALOT of time in it, and I was able to get him to eat after doing that, (I have a WC male ATB that is doing the same thing and thats what I did). But offering food each night wont do any thing but stress them out, make sure its dark. And most of all, make sure there are no people or pets around. But I might get alot of hate mail for saying this, but alot of times I will set the cages up right, and leave a mouse in with the snake till he eats it. But MAKE SURE you have plenty of places for the snake to getaway. But the bag trick only works with clubrids and ground boids. I have tried it many times, never works.
Well good luck,
Philip

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]