kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Corn Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - June 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - June 09, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - June 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - June 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - June 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - July 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: CARESHEET AND WHITE/GREY SPOTS ON THE SHELL.....PLEASE HELP.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Softshell Turtle Forum ]

Posted by J on March 26, 2002 at 18:25:31:

In Reply to: CARESHEET AND WHITE/GREY SPOTS ON THE SHELL.....PLEASE HELP. posted by BEAK on March 20, 2002 at 18:05:25:

sounds like a bactirial infection, mine just got over one. I had to get antibiotics from my vet.
also I swab him with betadine and a cotton ball or cu-tip, then rinsed him off, keep it out of his eyes. You should clean his tank with bleach and anything in it, rinse very very well. They like lots of water but need a dry place and a basking lamp, a very good filter is a must they make a mess, iv'e used sand and gravel. Make sure that if you use sand that you keep the filter away
it can ruin it if sand get in the impeller motor.
I have mine in a 30 gallon tank with it about 2/3s
full with stone to climb on and bask. hope this helps

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Softshell Turtle Forum ]