kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Corn Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Caecilian . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Turtle . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Blood Python . . . . . . . . . .  The Indian Eyed Turtle . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Ahhhhhh, Spring . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Hognose . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Tegu . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Mangrove Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Barbour’s Map Turtle . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Pine Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Turtle . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Chameleon . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Skink . . . . . . . . . .  The Kingsnakes of Florida . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Mother's Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Colubrids . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Lyre Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  The Ground Skink, Scincella lateralis . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - June 09, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - June 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - June 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - June 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - July 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - July 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I am very sorry.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by dustinthompson on May 04, 2003 at 01:28:04:

In Reply to: I lost both my little babies............. posted by DogStar on May 01, 2003 at 20:01:26:

:Well i posted here a couple months ago about two baby cresties that I got who were sick. I had named them Phobos and Demos. Phobos was always bigger and healthier looking even though he had a seizure.
: Well I did take them to the vet and she confirmed that they did have MBD. I started the treatment prescribed (High protien diet and neocalglucon, increased heat and full spectrum lighting) and they began to go downhill. First Demos went from 5 grams to 4 then 3 then 2. I made the decison that day to put him down the next (I'm a vet tech I was going to take him to work) but he was dead the next morning. Phobos seemed ok for a while, not losing weight but not gaining either, but last night his righting reflex was really slow and his back legs weren't working all that great. He also had shed all over that he was just leaving there, so this morning I put him to sleep. I am so sad, I tried everything, spent so much money on them, I feel like I failed them. But I know there is not any more I could have done they were just too sick to begin with.

:I just wanted to share, and thank Mike Cosica for all his help.

:I do have to 11 month old girls and a male on the way in June that I am pretty excited about. Too bad they will not eat CGD!

:Thanks!

:DogStar

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]