kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

The rub is really on me . . .>

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by terryp on May 12, 2003 at 22:36:31:

In Reply to: You just had to rub that little extra year in.... posted by gofer on May 12, 2003 at 22:20:27:

because I'm not the one with a gravid het for albino cape. I can easily wait the third year for intermontanas since I do it with my snakes anyway. I'm thinking the third year for the intermontanas. You won't hurt my feelings if you supply me a pair a year earlier though. LOL. You didn't screw anything up. They weren't ready last year. End of story. Just makes us all more excited for you this year. Throwing a little showmanship into breeding pulls us together Gregg.

:didn't you, LOL. Well, she is just larger now and ready to throw more eggs out there. I'll keep you posted if I get any "intermontana" babies next year, but i'm thinking it will be at least two more years until they are ready, lol, just in case i screw something up again.
:Have a good one,
:Gregg F.

::parents of the ones I'm saying that I'm getting. I figured you had gotten a pair that were verified as Don's offspring in a trade last year and I said I would wait a couple years for a pair of their offspring. Although, I didn't know at the time it took you an extra year to get your het albino cape female gravid. LOL. I figured I had to throw that in since I'm envious you did it.

::
:::"intermontana" locality. I agree with you, they are great. I hope to pick up another pair this year.
:::Have a good day,
:::Gregg F.

::::that came from Don at South Mountain last year. It's a toss up for me, but it would either be situla or coxi...not sure. Don't have either yet, so I guess i'll have to wait and see. Thanks again for all the great pics, very nice group of animals you have.
::::Have a good day,
::::Gregg F.

::::
:::::awhile back asking what is your favorite rat snake. I answered as my favorite North American and then my favorite Old World rat snake. I felt that breakking it into those two groups was the thing to do. I didn't have either of my favorites in my collection, for some reason, at the time. My favorite Old World is E. situla. One of the best looking rat snakes and one that others are judged by. Now Terry Cox had to throw in E. mandarina as his favorite Old World so he just won't give me a break. LOL. Actually he's given me more breaks than I deserve, but don't any of you let him know that I said that. Just to tie up a loose end, my favorite North American rat snake is the Great Plains rat snake. I did get a pair of locale emoryi from Shannon Brown recently and they're very nice, but my favorite emoryi is the intermontana which I'm working on getting in the future.

::::::Enjoy.

:::::
:::::

:::
:::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]