kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Troublesome Feeding Female Corn.... Please Help…

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by sipedon on March 04, 2003 at 11:52:06:

I have a bit of a problem. I have been temporarily housing my pair of corns together for the past 2 months. Neither of them has been cycled, so I wasn't anticipating any breeding behavior. Another note of interest is that the female is only 1.75 years of age. The last time I fed the female was February 7. She then went into a 10 ecdysis cycle. I started trying to feed her again around the 20th of February and she has shone no interest whatsoever in her food. I did notice breeding behavior last Wednesday. I quickly separated the two of them based on the assumption that the female was way to young to breed. Could her lack of appetite be due to her being gravid? Could the male have stressed her out to much? Any suggestion would be helpful!!! Thanks a bunch.

Zac

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]