kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - June 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - June 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - June 09, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - June 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - June 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Changes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The NJHS Forum ]

Posted by Danny Mendez on May 14, 2002 at 21:08:39:

Hi All,

Let me start by adressing a post below by A.C. I believe? (don't shoot me if I'm wrong, I'm getting old). The posts states that you would "join the scoiety if you knew they were fighting laws like the Anaconda law..." Well, sorry to inform you that NJHS will not be fighting the Anaconda Law anytime soon. Why you ask? Well, the society represents its members and as far as I know none of its members made any efforts to appeal the Anaconda ordinance. Now granted, at the time, our members were only numbering in the dozens,few of which kept green ana's but that's no longer the case. That's why it's important to JOIN and UNITE as a unified voice. What good would it do me to call USF&W and tell them that they should repeal the law because, um, some guy on the internet said it sux. IF however, a group of responsible state herpers presents thier case under a unified organization, it would speak VOLUMES trust me. So, if you and every other non-member would like to see issues like this resolved, then Join NJHS.

Changes WILL come

As the new NJHS president I can promise you that I will do all within my power to get these laws to work for us.

Without unification and responsibility none of this is happening. I invite everyone who's reading this to attend the next NJHS meeting as my personal guest. If you decide to join, you will be taking the next step towards creating a unified voice for us all. If not, then you can sit on this forum and anonymously b*tch and moan all you want with as little beligerence from me as possible (well, not really).

Along the way, we will also be doing fun stuff like contests, barbecues, herp hikes, and zoo visits.

What have you got to lose?

Danny Mendez
President
NJ Herpetological Society
http://www.njhsonline.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: