kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Corn Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - June 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - June 09, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - June 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - June 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - June 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - July 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

babies!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Mountain and Tree Dragon Forum ]

Posted by FroggieB on May 02, 2003 at 23:02:32:

In Reply to: babies!! posted by tegra on May 02, 2003 at 17:30:36:

The droplets of water are a good thing. The eggs sweat just before they pip. Once the baby pips, don’t be surprised if it takes 2-3 days before he comes out. Sometimes they take their sweet time!

I would give them crickets that are about 1/8" give or take. Too small and they won't notice them and too large isn't good either. Use the no longer than 1/2 the width of the head rule for crickets and make sure you dust them occasionally. I really recommend Sticky Tongue Farms Miner-al I for the growing babies.

Mealworms can be a bit longer but make sure they are small. I wouldn't give any longer that this line _____ .

I suppose if you have super worms that small they would be OK as would any worm about the size of the line I made above. For other feeder possibilities check my caresheet. Click Here

I doubt that they will eat before the yolk sac is absorbed but it is hard to say. These guys seem to be born with voracious appetites so I usually provide food right away. If they aren’t ready to eat no harm as long as the insects stay in a shallow dish. I use moist paper towels at first until there is no sign of yolk sac. Use a shallow dish for water. Check my post below and you will see how I have set mine up.

And by the way, Congratulations!!

So, I don’t recall, are you here in the USA?

Hope to be seeing lots of baby updates ; )

Marcia

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Mountain and Tree Dragon Forum ]