kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Corn Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - June 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - June 09, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - June 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - June 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - June 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - July 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Hmmm... Thats Strange, But

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]

Posted by LeosAnonymous on May 12, 2003 at 20:19:44:

In Reply to: Says .01 cc per gram right on the bottle posted by Starling on May 12, 2003 at 20:11:41:

I guess there is such a great margin of error dosing varies greatly, the book says that doses of up to 5,000 times the normal amount are tolerated in mammals. It also says that a death due to an overdose in Panacur (in reptiles) has never occured as far as Dr. Klingenberg knows.

Basically he says "25-50 mg/kg works, so higher doses are not needed."

I wasn't trying to prove you wrong or anything, just regurgitating what my Vet told me (just talked with him over the phone) and what I am referencing in my books.

Talk to you later,

Ross Payan - www.LeosAnonymous.com

:I am assuming it is a 10% solution.

:

:

::Just wondering if you meant to say .001 cc/gram (assuming a 10% solution)...

::My vet recommends a 0.05 cc dose for a 50 gram gecko... and that is one of the more aggresive doses I've heard of (100mg/kg).

::Most books and other literature only call for up to 50mg/kg (Including "Understanding Reptile Parasites" by Dr. Klingenberg), which works out to .025 cc for a 50 gram animal.

::If I'm doing the math right, .01 cc per gram (usuing 10% solution) would work out to 1000mg/kg dosing, which would be way up there.

::-Ross Payan - www.LeosAnonymous.com

:::The dosage I was given by my vet for leos is .01 cc per gram (per gram that your leo weighs)

::::I have never had a problem with worms but I know Panacur is a good wormer. It is actually a horse wormer.I use it for my dogs and puppies but I don't know the dosage for a leo I do the dogs by the pound. I am sure somebody on here has used it and knows how much to give.

::::
:::::For those people who have a lot of experience with Leopard geckos, what kind of wormer have you found to be the most effective and the safest and where have you been purchasing it?

:::::Thanks in advance,
:::::Jeanne
:::::

:::
:::

::
::

:
:

Follow Ups: