kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - June 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - June 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - June 09, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - June 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - June 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Breeding Setup

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]

Posted by geeboo on May 06, 2003 at 19:55:17:

In Reply to: Breeding Setup posted by Beardiekid14 on May 06, 2003 at 19:43:07:

well I don't have a pic but, all you really need is a tank of sufficent size to hold your male and females. A humid hide/laybox. I use a 40 gallon long tank and a sterilite plastic shoebox with 1.5 inches of bed-a-beast with a small amount of perlite added in just to fluff it up a little. I have had one male and 7 females in this set-up at one time with plenty of room. Plus another shoebox on the cool side with a hole cut in it for entry for a hide. Keep the entrance up a bit to keep them from dragging out material. I feed superworms almost eclusivly except to babies and juvies which get crix and mealies. Just make sure the female is getting plenty of calcium dusted meals and has a bowl of it to munch out of. No special light needed they are nocturnal and don't really like bright light anyhow. The rest is just general leo care like they need. Oh, make sure the lay box stays moist so eggs don't dry out.

:Does anyone have a picture of their leo breeding setup?
:I need to know how to setup and what supplies, diet, and lighting I will need for breeding.

:Thanks
:Adam Hallquist

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Leopard Gecko Forum ]