kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Corn Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Caecilian . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Turtle . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Blood Python . . . . . . . . . .  The Indian Eyed Turtle . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Ahhhhhh, Spring . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Hognose . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Tegu . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Mangrove Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Barbour’s Map Turtle . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Pine Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Turtle . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Chameleon . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Skink . . . . . . . . . .  The Kingsnakes of Florida . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Mother's Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Colubrids . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Lyre Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  The Ground Skink, Scincella lateralis . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - June 09, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - June 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - June 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - June 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - July 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - July 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: HELP! Spots to go Herping in San Jose, Ca?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Field Collecting Forum ]

Posted by DONK142 on April 19, 2003 at 11:11:33:

In Reply to: Re: HELP! Spots to go Herping in San Jose, Ca? posted by newtman on April 13, 2003 at 22:20:50:

:I use to live in san jose,ca just a few years ago and you have to go up north to see most herps,its so developed there that you have to go to county or state parks in order to see any herps in san jose,ca.but i suggest santa cruz which is very close to san jose.if you want to email me about a few places i saw herps i dont mind but i only found salmanders most of the time....newtman
::Does anyone in here know where any good spots in or around san jose? all the places that i use to go as a kid are either taken over by houses or business buildings. you can email me at coolisthisguy@hotmail.com or just post up here. Thanks...

:
:
I have never had much luck in the santa cruz mountain area, as far as snakes go...never a zonata... I always have luck off of Mt. Hamilton Rd. Last weekend we got a gopher and a rattlesnake about 15 feet from eachother! Near the Sunol-Ohlone wilderness area off of 680 on the way to livermore, we got a breeding pair of california zonata in 01....S.c. mtns are always good for frogs and lizards though..post what you find!! I am going to Mt. hamilton today...I'll let you know what we find.....

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Field Collecting Forum ]