kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Corn Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - June 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - June 09, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - June 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - June 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - June 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - July 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: My opinion....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Water Dragon and Basilisk Forum ]

Posted by neVar on April 18, 2003 at 22:25:26:

In Reply to: My opinion.... posted by Zeb on April 18, 2003 at 18:37:54:

I love bassies- but wouldn't choose them over water dragons. Why?? out of the 4 i raised (hand raised) at wokr until the age of 1 year. 1 was SUPER SUPER tame- 2 were fairly high strung but would chill after a good run- one was INSANELY agressive (still is lil bugger) and that was a female (and the runt go figure- no not raised in the same enclosure- Eclipse (named because we didn't know if she was a grump- or a sweet that day) was the least liked lizard.

I think they are gorgeous animals and if i had enough money for two huge enclosures i would choose to keep both. Bella was fabulous- she'd run on water daily for tours, swim around in our heated ponds and come and jump on my hsoulder every day i opened it. The other 3 were never that tame (even though we gave them all the exact care). Saturn the one male was fairly tame.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Water Dragon and Basilisk Forum ]